Friday, August 28, 2009

Goodbye, Fr. Butch

Around 11pm last night, I received a text message from Tony, a former co-worker informing me that his uncle, Rev. Fr, Butch Fajardo, already joined our creator.

Fr. Butch is one of the priests I can never forget. Although the last time I saw him was when I was still a little kid, five or six, I guess. That was a long time ago. I remember him cuddling me, singing songs for me and all that. He was like a father to me.

He and some other priests met a car accident several years ago. He was the only one who survived but that made him bedridden and paralyzed. From that time on, i never saw him again. In 2001, my mom and my brother visited him at the Sorsogon Chancery and they told me that Fr Butch still remembered me and that he was wishing me the best that I could ever become. So i made a pledge to see him once I graduated and landed a job. I have always planned of visiting him but working 14 hours from Sorsogon is really hard. Time would not permit me to see him at least.

Until I met his nephew, Tony. But Tony could not give me Fr. Butch's contact details. I was hoping that I see him this Christmas, finally.

But, too late. I will never see Fr. Butch again. I will never feel his embrace. I will never hear him singing again.

Goodbye, Fr. Butch. It is hard letting you go. You have touched people's lives. You brought inspirations to those who feel helpless. I wish, I'd see you in heaven and you'd cuddle me again.

May you rest in peace.

No comments: